Protect the materials by intervening on the outdoor environment, when possible, or with specific chemical protections.
In the last case it is essential to avoid intervening with protective devices that cause the formation of a damaging surface film, which is not vapor permeable; in fact the formation of a condensation due to the humidity that forms under the film is inevitable, which leads to the degradation and possible detachment of the surface layer of the stone.
CIR offers a range of breathable, water-repellent protectives able to strongly limit the absorption of water inside the material and the pollutants it carries.
The characteristics of the protecting devices proposed by CIR are:
- Chemical inertia in relation to the material
- Absence of harmful by-products, even after application
- Good chemical stability compared to pollutants and oxygen
- Good stability to UV radiation
- Low permeability to the absorption of liquid water
- Good water vapor permeability